Ph.D. in Anatomy / Cell Biology / Histology or equivalent or M.D./Ph.D.
Department of Anatomy
Ross University School of Medicine, located on the beautiful Caribbean island of Dominica in the West
Indies, invites applications for a faculty post at any rank in Histology. Our mission is to prepare highly
dedicated students to become effective, successful physicians in the United States. Basic science
coursework is taught in Dominica and students then complete their clinical studies in the United States.
After passing all prerequisite examinations, Ross graduates are licensed to practice medicine in all 50
states of the U.S. Ross University School of Medicine is a division of DeVry, Inc (NYSE:DV)
Education is the primary focus of the faculty. The academic year is divided into three semesters with a
new class of students admitted each semester. Lectures and other educational responsibilities continue
throughout the year. Effective teachers are sought, particularly individuals who are interested in
improving medical education and who work well on a team. Research opportunities exist, primarily in the
area of medical education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The preparation of course material (PowerPoints, handouts, practice questions, etc.).
• The delivery of effective lectures
• Prepare, administer and evaluate examinations to assess the development of student accomplishments.
• Supervise educational activities of students under actual or simulated situations
• Prepare instructional plans and career analyses to reflect current changes in the field
• Advise individuals or groups of students in academic matters and exercise professional judgment in referring students to appropriate personnel
• Develop new instructional materials and teaching techniques with participation in on-going reviews and revision of curriculum planning
• Actively participate in relevant professional activities in order to improve teaching and subject matter competence
• Serve on faculty committees as appointed or elected, and confer with advisory groups in order to modify course content
• Participate in other activities as assigned by the department chair or executive dean
• Extensive knowledge of Histology, embryology expertise a plus
• Ability to relate histological concepts to clinical scenarios
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Documented record of teaching effectiveness in histology and teaching in embryology a plus
• Experience in computer-assisted delivery of course content
• Interest in medical education
• Desire for self improvement
• Flexibility and ability to work well on a team
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• Ph.D. in Anatomy / Cell Biology / Histology or equivalent or M.D./Ph.D.
• Enthusiastic teacher with previous teaching experience at a North American or United Kingdom medical school
Ross University offers a competitive potentially tax-free annual salary, relocation assistance to and from
the island, a retirement program, tuition assistance benefit, scholarship program for dependents, 100%
medical benefits paid for the employee, travel benefits, a living allowance, 57 days of leave (includes
days for vacation, holidays, professional development and sick/personal days). We also offer
opportunities for professional development, which includes a conference and book allowance.
To apply, please visit our website www.rossu.edu; select Careers and complete our online application